The Managing Director is a key finance and administration leadership position within the company, providing the General Director with input for increased administrative efficiency and financial oversight and planning. The Managing Director works alongside and reports to the General Director. The Managing Director ensures the smooth running of the daily operations through oversight of the Contributed and Earned Income staff, Finance staff and daily organizational functions. This position works as part of a Senior Management team which also includes the Director of External Affairs and Marketing, Director of Education and Community Engagement Programs, the Director of Development and Director of Production. Extensive experience in financial management and in not-for-profit arts administration is required. The selected candidate will have demonstrated that he/she can provide self-initiated management and financial leadership to advance the company’s mission, artistic vision and strategic plans.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and a list of three (3) references to: Greg Carpenter, General Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Materials must be received by February 27, 2017 to be considered by the search committee.Full Position Description and More Information
2017-18 Coach Accompanist
- Musically prepare and accompany the Opera Colorado Young Artists for touring productions, concerts, and mainstage assignments
- Coach the Young Artists on assigned and personal repertoire
- Act as the principal rehearsal pianist for the student matinee production of Falstaff
- Work with the artistic team of Opera Colorado as assigned
Auditions will be held at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House in Denver, CO on May 10, 2017 with callbacks May 11, 2017.Application and Audition Information
Principal Trumpet (tenure-track)
This audition takes place on Monday, May 1, 2017 in Denver. The position starts in October 2017.
- Only highly qualified applicants will be invited to audition.
- To be considered, and to receive the audition list, please send a one-page professional performance résumé by email to: email@example.com and include “Principal Trumpet Audition” in the subject line.
- Résumés received after April 12, 2017 will not be considered.
Employment with Opera Colorado is protected under a collective bargaining agreement with the Denver Musicians Association. Current principal pay is $172.50 per service (this will increase by at least 2.5% in September) with approximately 20 services for Principal Trumpet during the 2017/2018 season. The successful candidate must show proof that he or she is eligible to work in the United States.