There are many ways to join the Opera Colorado team, whether as part of our administrative or artistic staff, or as chorus members, supernumeraries, or interns. Any available opportunities are listed below; please follow the directions in each individual listing to apply.
Interested in becoming an Opera Colorado volunteer? Click here for more information.
PATRON SERVICES ASSOCIATE
Reports To: Patron Services Manager
Schedule: Weekdays 10am-5pm | Nights & Weekends during performances, 5pm-9pm | flexible scheduling
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
The Patron Services Associate is a part-time position that is responsible for providing excellent customer service to all Opera Colorado patrons by anticipating needs, solving problems, and maintaining a positive, friendly attitude in any situation. This position is responsible for selling tickets and processing donations with strong attention to detail while resolving a variety of patron issues. The ideal candidate has a passion for the arts and is ready to work to ensure that all guests’ needs are met. They will be a quick learner and able to think critically. The Patron Services Associate serves as an ambassador for Opera Colorado by sharing information about productions, answering questions, and directing additional inquiries or concerns to the appropriate person or department within the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide excellent customer service for prospects, ticket holders, and donors by professionally managing ticket orders (phone, mail, online, walk-up, etc.), including processing and fulfillment.
• Satisfy patron ticket issues and requests promptly and courteously while adhering to polices that never compromise the Opera.
• Maintain a full understanding of operas/events available: times, locations and durations of events, event content, and ticket prices.
• Step in as Box Office Lead during performances when Patron Services Manager is unavailable.
• Act as front desk administrator at the Opera Center during designated hours.
• Other office duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Customer service experience preferred.
• Excellent communication skills in person and over the phone.
• Strong basic math skills.
• A working knowledge of ticket office software, preferably Tessitura.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in an open, respectful, and collaborative environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB 19-085) Information
Compensation is commensurate with skill and experience. Starting hourly base pay is $15.00.
All interested parties must submit their resume by Friday, August 13, 2021.
Audition date is Monday, September 13, 2021
To apply and receive the packet of audition music, please send a ONE-PAGE professional resume (including your instrument and email address) to Angie Dombrowski, Orchestra Personnel Manager at email@example.com. Emailed resumes must be in Word or PDF format.
Selected candidates will be invited to audition on Monday, September 13, 2021, at The Loft of the Ellie Caulkins Opera House in Denver, Colorado. Should a current Opera Colorado orchestra musician win a position, the resulting vacancy may be offered to the runner-up of the audition. Employment will begin in October 2021.
The audition committee reserves the right to dismiss, at any time during the audition process, any candidate who does not meet the required standard of Opera Colorado.
OPERA COLORADO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER